Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pro-Ouattara Forces rape victims

Poignant testimonies of victims of rape by pro-Ouattara forces
Mr. H. (Ex-student high school Zouan-Hounien)
"Pro-Ouattara forces tied me before raping me"

"I came to support a friend when, on the way, I was challenged by two heavily armed Pro-Ouattara forces. They asked me to accompany them to confide in me a job. Instead we go to their camp, they took me in an unfinished house under gunpoint. There, they tied me up and started to rape me. After that, they disappeared in the wild. I lost consciousness. This is the day that I woke up in the hospital. "

Fanta Kone (shopping):
"They threatened to kill me"

"It was a Sunday, I took the day off to sell peanuts in the neighborhoods. Upon arrival in a court in the district Boribana, I was called by three young men who lived in a two-room house. One of them closed the door and asked me to undress or he would kill me. Forthwith, he let out a long knife and also prevents me from screaming. While one was raping me, the other two held me down on the bed. "


K.E. (home):
"I was raped by Pro-Ouattara forces in the bush"

"Usually every Friday, we go into the bush in search of the bundle that we sell at the market the next day. So I went to a coffee field on the road in the village of Kouépleu. A rebel who had overtaken me was being put at ease when I arrived. I knew his presence in this place. But it felt like I was spying. Thus he demanded that I make love with him in the bush or he would kill me. Against my will, I gave in for fear of dying "

O. S. A. (Home):
"My daughter died of rape"
"I'm married to a former teacher originally from Zouan-Hounien. When he asserted his right to retire, we returned home. When the rebels took control of the town of Zouan-Hounien, my daughter was raped by members of the Forces Nouvelles (former rebel army). How were they? I always ask this question. Still, my daughter did not survive the barbarity. She died in the prime of life while preparing his BAC D ".

No comments:

Post a Comment